Five Reasons why Law Firms must use the Power of Social Media
: Bhumika Kohli
In this digital era, the power of social media cannot be overlooked as it not only provides you with a platform to showcase your identity but also gives you an exposure to engage with a wider audience at the same time. The outbreak of COVID-19 has impacted all the industries significantly but it has surely altered the way people live by accelerating the usage of technologies which has brought the future far more sooner. Social media for law firms and lawyers is not a new concept anymore because the legal industry has welcomed digitalisation in the lockdown with open hands.
“According to the UNDP, India has the second-highest number of social media users in the world”. So, what’s stopping you from being on social media and market your law firm? If you are still not convinced, let me guide you with the benefits of social media presence for law firms.
Here are the reasons, why you need to have a solid social media presence for your law firm in 2021:
- BUILD CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS AND ENGAGE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE: As a lawyer, you not only work on winning a case but also on building a solid relationship with your clients. Social media is a platform where you can connect with your target audience by putting out content. Following the latest trends and posting them accordingly surely catches their eye. This tactic enhances your engagement, builds your connections, and makes your brand recognized which attracts new clients to your firm.
- B2B NETWORKING: Most of the law firms claim that new client comes through referral. Social media gives you a chance to connect with people with whom you have lost contact, maybe your fellow alumina. In this way, you can engage with them via social media and promote each other’s work to your social audience. This is another way of attracting potential clients.
- ENHANCES WEBSITE VISITORS: The people who follow you on social media gets all the latest updates about your firm through social media posts. You can also share the links of your blogs on these social networking sites and bring more audience to your website. Look for new content ideas for lawyers, update your blogs weekly and share the link with your social media audience for enhancing the chances of an amazing response.
- INCREASED SEARCH ENGINE RANKINGS: Social media websites like Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc, hold enormous value. For lawyers and law firms, it makes it easier for your clients to find you and the best way of doing it is by enhancing your search rankings. Share links of your blogs, vlogs, and other website links on social media. Make sure that your web content and your social media is on the same page.
- KNOW INSTANTLY, WHAT PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT YOU: A law firm can get to know about its actual position by getting instant feedback on social media. With social media, you can talk with people and can get to know what they actually feel about you and your law firm.
Becoming smarter in this smart era is the key to gain advantage over your competitors. It is important for you to build a strong image of your law firm in the eyes of the audience. Creating content and being updated is one aspect but posting regularly and engaging your audience is the way to make your mark! Digital marketing for lawyers can be a strategic move to turn the tables to your side.